School of Education News
Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference: Common Core Kaleidoscope
On March 20th the Nyack Teacher Center sponsored the 6th annual Teacher Transition Conference, bringing together pre-kindergarten and kindergarten teachers from across Rockland County. The theme this year focused on the Common Core Curriculum across the domains. Workshop topics included math, science, language arts, TESOL, social studies, and children with special needs.
Ten Nyack College students majoring in Early Childhood Education attended the conference. It was a great opportunity for students to understand the giant leap between preschool and public school kindergarten, as well as ways to help students, parents, and teachers bridge that gap.
Shawnja Pratt, an ECE major who participated, appreciated the “series of informative sessions about how to teach math using the common core standards in centers and activities. There was another session about helping students with anxiety adjust to school. This was a great place to meet amazing educators across Rockland County, and bridge the gap between the Pre-K and Kindergarten teachers.”
We extend a special thank you to the Nyack Teacher Center for providing two scholarships for Nyack College students and to the School of Education for supporting eight other students to attend this important conference.
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Browse Blog Archive>>