Smithtown Christian School Announces Immediate Opening for Science Leave Replacement Position
Smithtown Christian School, a preK-12 private school on Long Island, NY, is seeking a long-term leave replacement for a 10th Grade Earth Science and 8th Grade Physical Science faculty position. See details below:
- Available immediately, possibly continuing to the end of the school year
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Concentration or certification in science required, physical/earth science preferred
- Must be born-again, Evangelical Christian who is active in local Evangelical church and who subscribes to the classical Biblical worldview
- Must be able to describe the “young-earth” perspective on the origin of the universe, and must be able to contrast and compare a young-earth view with the theories of theistic and secular evolution
- Course load includes 2 sections of Earth Science with alternating lab periods (3 periods total of Earth Science per day) and 2 sections of 8th grade Physical Science per day, for a total teaching load of 5 periods per day, plus extra help and other customary faculty duties
Interested individuals should send resume with cover letter (including a brief statement of faith and the name of the church you attend) to email@example.com.
Resumes will not be considered if candidates do not meet the basic requirements outlined above.