School of Education News
Rockland SOE Students Assemble 100 "Weekend Snack Packs" for Center for Food Action
In March 2013, a group of students in the School of Education on the Rockland campus took time out to provide a valuable community service for needy children in Englewood, NJ. The Center for Food Action, a community-based agency founded by Harry Chapin and Bill Ayers, has an outreach called “Weekend Snack Pack Program” which provides healthy snack foods to children who receive free or reduced price school lunches. The snack packs are sent to schools in Bergen County where teachers carefully place snack packs into students’ school bags while students are elsewhere in the building. The students then take the nutritious snacks home to enjoy during the weekend.
The SOE students participating in the community service event assembled 100 snack packs for the program. The packs include nutritious foods such as non-perishable milk, allergen-free cereal, canned fruit, juice box, microwaveable chicken with rice or ravioli, macaroni and cheese, and cereal bar.
- Self-Regulation and the Common Core
- Laura Rodriguez, Former Deputy Chancellor of NYC Department of Education Speaks at the Urban Education Center
- Value and Flexibility of a Nyack School of Education Degree within and beyond the K-12 Classroom
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- Browse Blog Archive>>