Please Click the Link to view this years NYACK SCHOLARS SYMPOSIUM booket!
Welcome to the fall 2013 Nyack Scholars Symposium!
This annual tradition has become a much anticipated event on both our Rockland and Manhattan campuses, providing a platform for scholarly presentations by our distinguished faculty and exceptional students. Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) staff and faculty team under the direction of Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda have worked tirelessly to present a full day of stimulating discourse and dialogue.
The plenary speaker for this year is CSGE Fellow, Mr. Udo Middelmann, author of several books, and numerous scholarly articles, each informed by his international upbringing and education. His latest book is the 2013 release, God and Man at Work: Doing Well and Doing Good in the Bible’s View of Life published by Wipf & Stock.
Another exciting highlight of this gathering is that the largest roster of student presenters to date will be showcased. These young men and women are undeniable evidence of what we learned recently from the Council for Aid to Education’s Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA) 2009-2013 Phase 3 Longitudinal Report. The report concluded that the value added scores of Nyack College students were higher than 95% of other institution’s students from the first year to the last year of the study. The assessment, called the Collegiate Learning Assessment, “is designed to measure an institution’s contribution, or value added, to the development of higher order skills.” These findings encourage us to continue in our mission to educate and empower these emerging young leaders.
Thank you for taking the time to join us for another CSGE event that reflects our commitment to academic excellence in an environment that combines faith with learning.
With warm regards, Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
- Teaching By Way of Aquaponics: The search for common ground between local and global science appreciation and practice
- Hispanic Heritage Lecture on: Pablo Neruda: Greatest poet of the Twentieth Century
- CSGE Proudly Presents the 2014 Lostandfound Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Art Exhibit
- Nyack Scholars Symposium: Manhattan Campus
- Nyack Scholars Symposium: Rockland Campus
- Colloquium Session on: Sustainability and the Food Movement: Local and Global Efforts to Cultivate Wellness, Health, and a Livable Planet
- Discussion Panel on Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and the Responsibility to the Poor
- Research on Health and Spirituality
- STUDENT RESEARCH CONFERENCE
- Mandela Day
- Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Student Research Conference
- Nyack Critical Reads
- Last Colloquium Series of the Semester
- Browse Blog Archive>>