Zero Percent Documentary
Why Prison Education?
The United States of America has the highest incarceration rate in the world (1 in 150). What can be done about such a shocking statistic? This question is hard to answer, especially if we take into consideration that 60% of released inmates return to prison within the first 3 years of their release.
Fortunately, there are people trying to fix this problem. Hudson Link (http://www.hudsonlink.org/) along with other partners (among which is Nyack College) address the issue by providing higher education to inmates.
Join us this upcoming Tuesday, September 25 to the viewing of Hudson Link’s documentary: “Zero Percent” in Shuman’s President’s Hall. The viewing will be followed by a panel discussion featuring Sean Pica, Hudson Link’s Executive Director, Dr. Nina Balmaceda, Director to the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement in Nyack College, and others.
- Environmental Christian Ethics: A christian approach to ecology and sustainability
- GO HERE TO SEE NYACK SCHOLARS SYMPOSIUM BROCHURE
- Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Sustainability and the Food Movement: Local and Global Efforts to Cultivate Wellness, Health, and a Livable Planet
- Teaching By Way of Aquaponics: The search for common ground between local and global science appreciation and practice
- Hispanic Heritage Lecture on: Pablo Neruda: Greatest poet of the Twentieth Century
- CSGE Proudly Presents the 2014 Lostandfound Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Art Exhibit
- Nyack Scholars Symposium: Manhattan Campus
- Nyack Scholars Symposium: Rockland Campus
- Colloquium Session on: Sustainability and the Food Movement: Local and Global Efforts to Cultivate Wellness, Health, and a Livable Planet
- Discussion Panel on Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and the Responsibility to the Poor
- Research on Health and Spirituality
- STUDENT RESEARCH CONFERENCE
- Mandela Day
- Browse Blog Archive>>