2012 Faculty Research Competition winners
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement is pleased to announce
the winners of its 2012 Faculty Research Competition, and extends warm
congratulations to the following faculty members (in alphabetical
- Dr. Gwen Parker-Ames and Ms. Suzanne Toliao: "Orienting the Map: In
Search of Peace and Social Justice in Christian Colleges."
- Dr. Stephen Bennett: “Images of War and Peace in Ecclesiastes 3”
- Dr. James Danaher: "Skepticism: A Path to the Divine."
- Dr. David Emanuel: "Inter-textual Commentary of the Psalter"
- Dr. Inseon Hwang: "Social Justice in Nursing"
- Prof. Brad McDuffie: "Nothing to Sustain Us but the Counsel of our
Fathers. Ernest Hemingway on the Fiction of Cormac McCarthy"
- Dr. Steven Notley: “Upon Three Pillars: The Spiritual Life of
Jesus and the Abrahamic Faiths”
- Dr. James Romaine: "The Three Dimensions of a Complete Artist"
- Dr. Frank Tuzi: "Making web-based Education Equitable for all
- Dr. Stephen Ware: “The Stones of Easter, and Rots and Routes of the
- Dr. Marie White and Ms. Miriam Velez: “Case Studies in
- Dr. Wiltshire: "Dr. Craig Ellison's Concept of Shalom applied to
Social Justice and Peace."
The Center wishes to express appreciation to all the applicants that
submitted proposals and encourages all qualifying faculty to apply in
the next academic year.
- Sustainability and the Food Movement: Local and Global Efforts to Cultivate Wellness, Health, and a Livable Planet
- Teaching By Way of Aquaponics: The search for common ground between local and global science appreciation and practice
- Hispanic Heritage Lecture on: Pablo Neruda: Greatest poet of the Twentieth Century
- CSGE Proudly Presents the 2014 Lostandfound Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Art Exhibit
- Nyack Scholars Symposium: Manhattan Campus
- Nyack Scholars Symposium: Rockland Campus
- Colloquium Session on: Sustainability and the Food Movement: Local and Global Efforts to Cultivate Wellness, Health, and a Livable Planet
- Discussion Panel on Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and the Responsibility to the Poor
- Research on Health and Spirituality
- STUDENT RESEARCH CONFERENCE
- Mandela Day
- Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Student Research Conference
- Nyack Critical Reads
- Browse Blog Archive>>