Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
Professor Millicent Waterman, Director of the NYC Writing Center, Joan Spence, Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Arts and Sciences, and the staff of the NYC Writing Center designed a workshop specifically to prepare our School of Education students to prepare for the New York State Academic Literary Skills Test, one of the new teacher certification examinations.
Joan is completing her Master of Arts in TESOL from Hunter College. She presented on "Writing the Argumentative Essay as per the requirements of the NYS ALST.
For more information: http://www.nyack.edu/blog/EDUNews/1842
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>