Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Honors students attend National Collegiate Honors Council
Honors student-delegates Jacqueline Bourdette and Rachel Kunker attended the 48th Annual Conference of the National Collegiate Honors Council in New Orleans as representatives of the Nyack Honors Program. Over 2,000 honors students and directors from large and small college and university honors programs and colleges convened to explore this year’s theme: “Conflict, Transformation, Creolization.”
Though there were many excellent student panels, director’s presentations, and special events, Ruby Bridges’s keynote address was a highlight. “On November 14, 1960, surrounded by armed US Marshalls, six-year-old Ruby Bridges integrated William Frantz Elementary in New Orleans.“ Ms. Bridges spoke about the means for continuing a vibrant dialogue and educational programing to address the need for tolerance, respect, and appreciation for our differences. Nyack students will present their experience at an upcoming Honors Seminar.
Dr. Jonathan Gates, Professor of English, is Director of the Honors Program at the Rockland Campus.
For more information: http://nchchonors.org/annual-conference/2013-conference/
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>