Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lopez-Humphreys leads Colloquium session
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Assistant Professor of Social Work, will lead the second Manhattan Campus Colloquium session of the semester, presenting her reflections on, "Why Cooperate? Christianity and the Common Good: Inspiring Courage & Creative Collaborations." The lecture will be held on Tuesday, October 29th at 5:00pm in Room 2241.
Abstract: Christians can leverage the resources that are derived from personal faith and their local church communities to serve the common good. How does the gospel challenge us serve the common good? What are some of the social shifts and trends that have influenced the involvement of Christians in contributing to the common good? This presentation will also provide inspiring narratives that demonstrate how Christians are engaging in some of today's political issues by becoming active collaborators in addressing concerns of local communities and modeling counter-cultural practices that can serve to the common good and seek God's shalom.
This lecture is part of the 2013-2014 Colloquium Series sponsored by the Center of Scholarship and Global Engagment and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>