Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Arzola lectures on faith in society
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences, will lecture on "The Relevance of Faith in Society" this Tuesday, September 24 at 5pm.
This talk, which will be held at the Manhattan Campus on the 22nd floor venue, is part of the Faith & Society Colloquium Series jointly sponsored by the Center for Scholarship & Global Engagement, the NYC Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts & Sciences.
"Is culture good or bad? Should Christians embrace it or reject it? And how do one’s cultural assumptions color a Christian’s perspective of theological and social engagement?
Using H. Richard Niebuhr’s classic text, Christ and Culture, Dr. Arzola will examine Niebuhr’s typology regarding the historical Christian response to culture and use it as a foundation for an engaged-dialogue with the audience in order to 1) explore the breadth of cultural perspectives and presuppositions and 2) to consider (or reconsider) how one might engage faith with society."
For more information on the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement:
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Browse Blog Archive>>