Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda lectures in Uruguay & elected jurist chair
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, delivered a lecture on the American Constitutional System at the Catholic University of Uruguay Law School (UCUDAL) on May 16, 2013.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Tenth Convention for Christian Lawyers organized by the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, of which she is a founding member. Her address was titled "Christian Perspectives on Justice: Reflections in the Fight against Crime."
During the last assembly session of the Convention, Dr. Balmaceda was elected Chair of the Deliberative Council of the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, which coordinates the efforts of Christian legal professionals in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
For more in formation: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advocates-International/156102987221
- Dr, Yu Honored by Wheaton's Institute of American Evangelicals
- Nyack to Partner with Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Dr. Poston Reviews Book on Second Chinese Enlightenment
- Dr. Romaine Co-edits Art History Text
- Dr. Lux presents at American University in Paris
- 2014 Arts & Sciences Faculty Retreat Announced
- Dr. Larry Poston & Dean Poston Examine Media & Religion
- English Prof Oversees Historic Eatery
- Dr. Poston Publishes Chapter on Muslim Americans
- Adjunct D'Agusto wins Art Competition
- Social Work Student Honored at Educational Event
- 2014 A&S Faculty Awards
- Dr. Danaher interviewed on The Christian Post
- NYC Writing Center offers ALST Workshop to Education Candidates
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Browse Blog Archive>>