Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Yan publishes article on diabetes
Posted by Fernando.Arzola on Thursday May 16, 2013
Dr. Wenbo Yan, Assistant Professor of Biology, publishes article, "Impact of diabetes and its treatments on skeletal diseases," in Frontiers of Medicine, an international peer-reviewed general medical journal devoted to the latest and most exciting advances in medical research.
Diabetes mellitus is an enormous menace to public health globally. In this article, Dr, Yan examines how this chronic disease of metabolism adversely affects the skeleton with increased risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Moreover, effects of anti-diabetic medicines on bone biology and quality were also discussed. Better knowledge of how diabetic conditions and its treatments influence skeletal tissues is in great need in view of the growing and aging population of patients with diabetes mellitus.
For more information: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23377889
Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>