Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Park examines evolution
The College of Arts and Sciences and the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host its March Colloquium featuring Dr. Peter Park, a Nyack College assistant professor of biology, on “Understanding Evolution.” The presentation will take place on Wednesday, March 20 at 4:00 p.m. on the Nyack Rockland Campus in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall).
How does life change? Is all of life related by common ancestry?
The vast majority of the scientific community considers evolution the unifying framework of all of biology. Dr. Park will discuss the patterns and processes of evolutionary change in light of recent findings in ecology, genetics, and the fossil record. There will be 30 minutes of Q&A.
The campus community is invited to attend.
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>