Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Social Work graduate accepted to NYS leadership program
Shakeya Britton, a Nyack College Social Work graduate, was accepted to the 2013 New York State Partners in Policymaking program, an innovative national model of leadership training for people with developmental disabilities, parents and family members.
This will be a busy year for Shakeya, who also serves on the governing board of the National Youth Leadership Network. In addition, this summer, Shakeya will travel to Cape Town, South Africa as a recipient of the Harris Wofford Global Service Fellowship. In 2012, Shakeya served on the planning committee for the Third Annual Brooklyn Parent Center Conference. At the conference, she was a workshop panelist for What to Do When Your Child Wants to Date, Travel and Be Independent.
To read the newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DNNYC/message/15381
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>