Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Social Work graduate accepted to NYS leadership program
Shakeya Britton, a Nyack College Social Work graduate, was accepted to the 2013 New York State Partners in Policymaking program, an innovative national model of leadership training for people with developmental disabilities, parents and family members.
This will be a busy year for Shakeya, who also serves on the governing board of the National Youth Leadership Network. In addition, this summer, Shakeya will travel to Cape Town, South Africa as a recipient of the Harris Wofford Global Service Fellowship. In 2012, Shakeya served on the planning committee for the Third Annual Brooklyn Parent Center Conference. At the conference, she was a workshop panelist for What to Do When Your Child Wants to Date, Travel and Be Independent.
To read the newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DNNYC/message/15381
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>