Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses Brazilian Lawyers and Peruvian Congress
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Christian Scholarship and Global Engagement, participated as a plenary speaker and panelist at a recent National Christian Lawyers Congress in Brazil. Her presentations focused on the role of law, public policy and culture in the challenges to the enjoyment of human rights, the defense of life and the construction of more peaceful and just societies in Latin America.
For more information:
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Forum on Rights of Children with Disabilities organized by the National Program for Family Wellbeing (INABIF), which took place at the Peruvian Congress on Feb. 15. The responders to her presentation were Peruvian Congressman Jhon Reynaga, President of the Congressional Committee on Inclusion of People with Disabilities; Ms. Nancy Tolentino, INABIF Executive Director; Mr. Wilfredo Guzmán, President of the Peruvian
Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities; and Mr. Alfredo Alfaro, Director of the Development of Vulnerable Populations Office of the Peruvian Government.
For more information: http://www.inabif.gob.pe/portalweb/noticia.php?i=1&n=9634a982a74c9ed50cadbdb2eef8e1c2
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>