Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Romaine publishes article on Andy Warhol's religious aesthetic
James Romaine, Associate Professor of Art History, publishes essay on Andy Warhol’s Byzantine Catholic aesthetic. Entitled “The Transfiguration of the Soup Can,” this essay explores Warhol’s application of an Eastern Orthodox theological perspective to themes of contemporary culture. This essay is published in Beauty and the Beautiful in Eastern Christian Culture, by Theotokos Press.
Theotokos Press is the publishing arm of The Sophia Institute. The Sophia Institute is an Eastern Orthodox Christian educational center housed at Columbia University and Union Theological Seminary in New York City that serves as a gathering force for contemporary Orthodox scholars, theologians, spiritual teachers, and ethicists.
For more information on The Sophia Institute: http://sophiainstitutenyc.org
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>