Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Greaves lectures at February Colloquium
THE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
In collaboration with The Center for Scholarship & Global Engagement
~ FEBRUARY COLLOQUIUM ~
Wednesday, February 6 - 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Shuman Hall, President’s Hall
Shocking the Masses: Voodoo Macbeth and the Genius of Orson Welles
Dr. Sharron Greaves, Ph.D.
Orson Welles never did anything small. From his infamous 1938 radio controversy, to screen immortality with 1941’s Citizen Kane, he revolutionized American popular culture. Dr. Greaves will examine Welles lesser known “Voodoo Macbeth,” an early endeavor pairing Shakespeare with an all-black cast in the heart of Harlem, shocking the masses, but offering black actors the opportunity to demonstrate their talents during the Great Depression. There will be 30 minutes of Q&A. Dr. Greaves is Associate Professor of Communications.
All students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend.
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Student Success Serves Spring Valley Community
- Communications Senior Contributes to NyackNewsAndViews
- Dr. Washington Publishes Case Study
- Browse Blog Archive>>