Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Romaine publishes article & organizes symposium
Dr. James Romaine publishes cover article in Books and Culture on visual depictions of devotion in the period of the Protestant Reformation. He examines the work of Netherlandish artist Jan Gossart as a study in how artists, working contemporary with the Protestant Reformation, depicted subjects of devotion, such as Saint Luke having a vision of the Virgin and Christ, as models for the viewer in the power of the visual experience in the Christian’s devotional life.
For more information: http://www.booksandculture.com/articles/2012/novdec/jan-gossart.html
Dr. Romaine is also co-organizing a symposium of 19th century French art. “Sang Sacre (Sacred Blood): Conflicting Association in French Art” will be held on February 12, 2013 at Pratt Institute (Manhattan campus). This is a symposium of the Association of Scholars of Christianity in the History of Art.
For more information and registration: http://christianityhistoryart.org/
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Dr. Greaves explores Hip Hop culture in Diaspora
- Student Success adjunct selected for writing Best Teen Book
- Dr. Lux publishes essay in volume on Luther
- Dr. Poston publishes review
- A&S well represented in Class Act
- Dr. Poston contributes in Handbook of Religion
- Dr. Danaher publishes essay in Oneing
- Dr. Yu examines churches during WWI
- Dr. Poston reviews book on "The American Muhammed"
- Dr. Parker-Ames publishes research article
- Dr. Kaluka publishes paper in PNAS
- "Forgive Us" Book Event & Panel Discussion
- Prof. McDuffie Publishes Poem
- Dr. Park leads fish survey for BioBlitz at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Browse Blog Archive>>