Please specify in the comments section which GS-L course the payment should be directed to. (Example: “GS-L Cambodia”)
Before your application is processed, you must…..
1. Submit your online application.
This does not automatically register you for the trip. You must complete all of the steps of the process and be approved by the Student Financial Services and dean of Students offices before you will be accepted. You will receive the decision via e-mail at the address you provide on the application.
2. Send mandatory reference form to your Academic Advisor via email.
All students applying to participate in GS-L programs abroad must have a faculty reference form submitted before they are considered fully applied.
Cut and paste this link into an email and send to your academic advisor:
3. Meet with your Financial Aid Counselor to make payment arrangements, secure loans, and to make the initial deposit.
Please note that if you do not stay current with your payment schedule after two weeks you will be removed from the trip. No airline ticket will be purchased until the third payment (70% of the trip cost) has been made. Click here to download the Winterim 2012 Payment Coupons.
Juniors and seniors applying to courses during the January break (Winterim), who have spent five consecutive semesters at Nyack are eligible to apply for the $500 Winterim travel stipend. Stipends are limited to juniors and seniors with at least a 2.75 GPA. This stipend is not valid for spring break or summer courses. Stipend is a one time student benefit and cannot be used on multiple trips.
Once these steps have been completed your application will be processed.
If you have been accepted the following steps will apply.
Once accepted, you must….
4. Submit Medical Release Form to the GS-L office
Please fill out the medical release form. It only needs to be signed by a physician if you are currently on medication or under the care of a physician. The form must be signed by a public notary.
5. Attend any and all meetings that are required by the professors and GS-L department. Failure to meet GS-L pre-trip and post-trip requirements will result in a grade reduction. Missing mandatory course meetings may also result in removal from the course at the student's expense.
6. Complete any pre-trip course work required by the professor. This will be on the syllabus that you will receive at the initial meeting.
7. Attend Mandatory GS-L debriefing sessions following trip component of the course.
8. Submit assignments to GS-L faculty on time.