Nyack College Counseling Services
"Where no Counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of Counselors there is safety."
The mission is to provide undergraduate students with a supportive setting and safe environment to achieve healing and progressive development during their college experience.
- To provide free short-term counseling to undergraduate students
- To provide confidentiality for all sessions to fullest extent allowable by law
- To provide an environment where students can feel free to express and explore present and past issues that could be serving as obstacles in their lives and college experience
- To provide Graduate level Counseling Interns who represent the diverse student population
- To provide internship opportunities for Graduate Students to gain hands on experience in a clinical setting
- To provide internship opportunity for one Social Work Student.
- To provide a variety of services to Nyack College Community
Drusila Nieves, DCC, LCSW
Director of Student Wellness Services
The Director is supported by Maggie Labocki, MA, LMHC Administrative Assistant/ Counselor and eight interns from Alliance Graduated School of Counseling. The entire counseling staff is available to assist and support you.
- Individual sessions
- Referral information
- Group sessions
- Pamphlet information
- Screening tests: Eating Disorder,
- Alcohol, ADD, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Depression, Mood Disorder
- Stress Table during Finals Week each semester with information and Counselors available for support.