Nyack College Counseling Services
TAP TO EXPAND +
"Where no Counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of Counselors there is safety."
The mission is to provide undergraduate students with a supportive setting and safe environment to achieve healing and progressive development during their college experience.
- To provide free short-term counseling to undergraduate students
- To provide confidentiality for all sessions to fullest extent allowable by law
- To provide an environment where students can feel free to express and explore present and past issues that could be serving as obstacles in their lives and college experience
- To provide Graduate level Counseling Interns who represent the diverse student population
- To provide internship opportunities for Graduate Students to gain hands on experience in a clinical setting
- To provide internship opportunity for one Social Work Student.
- To provide a variety of services to Nyack College Community
Drusila Nieves, DCC, LCSW
Director of Student Wellness Services
The Director is supported by Maggie Labocki, MA, LMHC Administrative Assistant/ Counselor and eight interns from Alliance Graduated School of Counseling. The entire counseling staff is available to assist and support you.
- Individual sessions
- Referral information
- Group sessions
- Pamphlet information
- Screening tests: Eating Disorder,
- Alcohol, ADD, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Depression, Mood Disorder
- Stress Table during Finals Week each semester with information and Counselors available for support.
On-Campus Location: Nyack College Counseling Services is conveniently located across from the Office of Student Development in Room 207 of Boon Center.
Office Hours: 9:00AM until 5:00PM, additional evening hours available by appointment only.
If you are in crisis and need to be seen quickly, it is very important for you to communicate this clearly when you call for an appointment, so that an emergency appointment can be arranged.
1 South Boulevard
Nyack, NY 10960-3698
Need an Appointment?
Visit Counseling Services or call ext. 4564
In Case of Emergency
The Student Should call 911, Contact residential staff on duty, and wait in a safe place for help to arrive. (Emergency Response Services) responding to an on-campus emergency will transport to Nyack Hospital.
Behavioral Health Center
Pomona Mental Health Clinic
Nyack Community Ambulance
Survivors of Domestic Violence &
Abuse and Sexual Trauma
24/7 Hotline: 845-634-3341
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7 Hotline: 1(800)273-8255